Subject: Sea Island Rotary (Beaufort) Needs A Few Good Rotarians!
Sea Island Rotary Club of Beaufort wishes you well and wants to invite you to participate in one of our major Annual fundraisers.
The Sea Island Adventure Biathlon will once again be held on beautiful and pristine Hunting Island State Park Saturday March 17th at 11 a.m. We have put on this race in our community for over 10 years and it has been a tremendous success for us. We have a three pronged approach to the race: 1) as a monetary fundraiser with the proceeds going back into our local Rotary charities 2) to promote health and fitness in our community 3) Club camaraderie.
• Please make your fellow Rotarians aware of this VERY unique race. We need more participants to ensure continued success. We have found that all clubs have at least some of those “weekend athletes” that enjoy this type of endeavor or that members have friends who would be interested.
• The race begins at 11 a.m. which allows for travel to Beaufort. Better yet, spend the night or weekend in Beautiful Beaufort
• The race is designed as a “doable” challenge. While we may have some high octane participants, most are there for the pure fun of the event.
• If you haven’t visited Hunting Island and experienced the maritime pristine natural beauty of the island you are in for a TREAT.
• The race (link provided) consists of an approximate 5 mile paddle by kayak or paddle board (dolphins included free of charge) followed by an approximate 4-5 mile beautiful trail run. One can participate solo, relay (1 person paddles, 1 person runs), or tandem (2 person kayak with both people running as Team).
Help us continue to make this race a tremendous success while enjoying the camaraderie of Rotary.
Check out our link: http://www.huntingislandbiathlon.com or visit http://goraceproductions.com/hunting-island-adventure-biathlon-registration-page/ to register directly.
If a member has a particular race question they may reach out to Sea Island Rotary Past President & Past Race Director Jack Cunningham. Email: email@example.com, cell: 843 252 3131, wk: 843 524 7057.