Women Rotarians from the Rotary Club of Beaufort pose for a group photo to commemorate International Women’s Day on Wednesday, March 8th. The guest speaker at the Club’s weekly meeting on Lady’s Island was Chelsea Roland (back row, 3rd from left), a former Rotary sponsored Youth Exchange student, who continued her education at the College of Charleston, then graduate studies in Vancouver, British Columbia through the Rotary Funded Studies Program.
- Rotary Club of Mt. Pleasant
- Rotary Club of North Charleston – Breakfast
- Rotary Club of North Charleston
- St. Andrews Rotary Club (West Ashley)
- Rotary Club of Daniel Island
- Rotary Club of John’s Island
- Rotary Club of Summerville
- Rotary Club of Summerville – Oakbrook Breakfast
Author and former Franciscan Monk Bill Beltz, from the Rotary Club of Oakatie (left) is congratulated by Rotary Cub of Beaufort President Willie Mack Stansell (right) following his March 1st presentation to the Rotary Club of Beaufort. Bill spoke of his time as a Franciscan Monk and about his recently published book “The Buried War,” which told the story of his father, a World War II veteran who suffered from PTSD following his return from the Pacific Theater of Operations.
The Rotary Club of Hampton County sponsored their 2nd Annual Oyster Roast at Richfield Plantation in Yemassee, SC on Saturday night, February 18th.
The Oyster Roast helps fund many literacy projects in our schools and other projects that our club is and will be working on.
We had over 100 in attendance and raised close to $4,000 dollars from this event. Andy Kearse and Bryan Lindell were the entertainment and they did a fabulous job!
Oysters, BBQ and other items were enjoyed by all.
Thank you to all of our Rotarians and their spouses and the many sponsors that helped make this event a success!
Rotary Club of Chapin Sunrise Presents
Boots and BBQ
Saturday March 18 7pm
Chapin Town Hall
Table of 8 $400
- Total amount of new items/photos sent to media – 19
- Breakdown of new items/photos by subject:
- New members added to club – 2 releases
- Reports of member accomplishments or donations to Foundation – 7 releases
- Report of club community activities/service to others – 5 releases
- Distinguished visitor at club meetings – 5
Last week, our club enjoyed hearing from Brian J. Roney, Berkeley County School District Coordinator Health Ed., Phys. Ed., Athletics. We also installed Ms. Jennie Cumbie Green as our newest member. Standing with Ms. Green is Club President Kimberly Nolte and sponsor Byron Rodgers. (Photo attached)
This week’s speaker is Darrin Goss, President & CEO of the Coastal Community Foundation.
The Rotary Club of Moncks Corner meets every Thursday at 12:30pm, at Gilligan’s Restaurant.