Visit Rotary’s new polio website and help us make history
We are “this close” to making history by eradicating the crippling disease polio once
and for all. We are at a true tipping point: case counts have never been lower, the number of countries affected has never been fewer—the time to beat polio is now. Only smallpox has ever been eradicated, and we will make history again by vanquishing polio.
Robust and coordinated digital outreach is necessary to reach our goal. For that reason we created a virtual home — endpolionow.org — where people can rally together to finish the fight to end polio. This website is available in English now, with other languages to follow.
Here are a few key features of the new website:
- Top stories: compelling content you can share about polio eradication
- Interactive information: dynamic graphics that help you tell the story
- See how your donation matters: visitors are encouraged to donate and see how the money is used to fight polio
- Calculate your “social worth”: use your social media status to share Rotary’s polio story. Help us spread the word.
- Polio communications resources: link to materials that will help you educate and activate others to end polio now.
We need your support and participation to make this site a success. Please visit the website, interact with the features, and share it through your own websites, blogs and social media channels. And please invite others to visit and participate.
It’s quick, it’s easy, and it’s important.
Robert S. Scott
Chair, Rotary’s International PolioPlus Committee