At the club meeting on March 14, 2018, meeting, President Hough-Everage announced the awards that the Rotary Club of Cheraw earned at the recent district conference. Five Cheraw Rotarians attended the District 7770 Conference at Myrtle Beach on March 9 – 11, 2018. They were Club President Hough-Everage, Assistant Governor-elect Sherrie Chapman, Past District Governor Jimmie Williamson, Foundation Chair Kim Williamson and Club Fundraiser Committee Chair Mel West.
The following awards were presented to the Cheraw club and members at the conference:
1) Rotary International District 7770; Rotary: Making a Difference, 2017-2018, Small Club of the Year Finalist
2) District 7770 Club Leadership Citation: To receive the Club Leadership Citation, a club must develop plans and achieve certain tasks identified by the District Governor and submit the form no later than February 14.
3) Rotary District 7770 Vocational Service Award – Cheraw was one of four clubs in our district that completed the requirements of the 2017-2018 Vocational Service Ribbon
4) Rotary District 7770 Membership Award
5) The Rotary Foundation District Service Award presented to Kim Williamson – Foundation Chair and Annie Hough-Everage – President, from the Rotary Club of Cheraw, for outstanding service in promoting The Rotary Foundation and its goal of world understanding and peace
6) Rotary District 7770 Service Above Self awarded to Dr. Jimmy Williamson for India – National Immunization Day participation.
7) Rotary District 7770 Service Above Self Award awarded to Dr. A. L. Hough-Everage, Rotary Club of Cheraw, Club President, for District Foundation Leadership. “In appreciation of your outstanding leadership and dedicated service to the ideals of Rotary, impactful actions, and meaningful service to Rotary District 7770. You “Made a Difference” in 2017-2018!
We look forward to service in Rotary.