- Walk to end Alzheimer’s – Walk to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care. Our club raised over $1,400 for this worthy cause. Lead Organizer: Bill Thielfoldt
- Dictionary Project – Rotarians provided dictionaries to every third grader at DI Elementary, Cainhoy, & Phillip Simmons schools with 240 dictionaries delivered. Lead Organizer: Derek Epperson
- Charleston Seafarers Project – 6th year of providing merchant seaman, at sea during the Christmas holidays, with wrapped boxes containing toiletries and other necessities. 100 boxes provided. Lead Organizer: Pat Richards
- Meals on Wheels Blankets – Blankets were wrapped and given to Meal on Wheels recipients to keep warm during the Winter. 100 blankets provided. Lead Organizer: Billie Bacon
- Baldwin Carson Outreach Community Center – In a partnership with the Daniel Island Community Fund, Rotarians provided funds for new playground facility. The Daniel Island Community Association assisted with installation of the equipment and Rotarians provided a wooden border and mulch making this a great place for children to play. Lead Organizer: Tom Richards and special thanks to Ed Heavey for his carpentry skills and leadership.
- Lowcountry Food Bank – “Fresh for All” initiative providing fresh vegetables and fruits to those in need in the Cainhoy community. Lead Organizer: Jim White
- Cainhoy Food Drive – 171 meals delivered to the Cainhoy Community Center for local residents. This is the first of three food drives being funded in part by Rotary District Grant funds. Thanks to Publix who provided the meals at cost and donated an additional 40 whole turkeys! Lead Organizer: Cecil Mills
The Rotary Club of Charleston celebrates Membership Month by acknowledging some of our newest members! Stay tuned as we have more going through the induction process now!
Welcome to our newest member Margaret Ann Youngs! Margaret Ann was sponsored and introduced by Past President Paul Stoney. She will hold the classification of Eleemosynary/Executive. We are excited to have her join us in membership!
Welcome to our newest member Heidi Finniff! Heidi has recently relocated to Charleston and is a previous member and Past President of the Lakewood Rocky River Sunrise Rotary. She was sponsored and introduced by David Burt and will hold the classification of Banking/Business. We are excited to have Heidi join our Rotary club!
Welcome into membership – George Jarck! George, who was introduced and sponsored by President-Elect David Burt, was inducted this past Tuesday. He will hold the classification of Real Estate. We are excited to have George as a member!
- Date: Monday, September 19 @ 5:30am (Back up date for bad weather: September 26)
- Guide: Each sponsored team will be paired with a local striped bass fisherman. You will need a fishing license. Guide will provide everything else! Team size per boat should be kept to four (4) fishermen.
- Sponsor: $600 per boat sponsor fee (includes fish being filleted)
- Location: Dreher Island State Park (3677 State Park Road, Prosperity, SC)
- Download PDF Flyer: Rotary Fishing Flyer
- East Cooper Meals on Wheels, represented by Mr. George Roberts
- East Cooper Community Outreach, represented by Mr. Jack Little and Ms. Jo Cooper
- Charleston Area Therapeutic Riding, represented by Ms. Amanda Gerald
- DI Animal Hospital on Wheels, represented by Dr. Lynne Flood
- Hibben Emergency Cold Shelter & Table, represented by Mr. Walt Strawther, Mr. Dan Graham & Ms. Polly Graham
- Camp Happy Days, representd by Ms. Cindy Hay Johnson
- Palmetto Warrior Connection, Rotarian Michael Cole accepted on their behalf