May 312020
 

Amid the coronavirus pandemic, there is still some good news to report. According to Don Hovis, President of the Myrtle Beach Rotary Club, $31,500, raised from the 2020 Bravo Broadway concert, has been returned to the local community. 81% of these funds went to five worthy local organizations that, in part, focus on food insecurity. The remaining 19% went to three key groups who made the 12th Annual Bravo Broadway a huge success. Organizations receiving funding included Help for Kids (Backpack Buddies), New Directions, Meals on Wheels, Community Kitchen, Phoenix/Racepath, Myrtle Beach High School, the Long Bay Symphony, and Carolina Master Chorale.

“I feel truly blessed to be involved in such a fine Rotary Club that has the resources to give back to our local community. As you are aware, this year more than ever makes these funds even more special,” said President Hovis.

Photo:  Bravo Broadway, credit: Tides Eye Photography


© Copyright 2013-2020 by Rotary District 7770 Rotary International District 7770, Eastern South Carolina