Your club’s foundation contributions support one of these 7 areas of focus:
- Promoting peace
- Fighting disease
- Providing clean water, sanitation, and hygiene
- Saving mothers and children
- Supporting education
- Growing local economies
- Environment (new area of focus)
Please use something like this on all event and/or project material. These acknowledgements are great for press releases, posters, flyers and social media posts.
“This project was made possible by The Rotary Foundation, Rotary District 7770 and thoughtful contributions of members like you. Thank you!”
Or you can show the area of focus the monies go to.
Here are some great links to help you, your board, and your Public Image PI chair during this year:
First what is Rotary and why are we Rotarians? This information is from Rotary International (RI).
What is a Rotary Club? https://www.rotary.org/en/get-involved/rotary-clubs
What are the 6 areas of focus for Rotary? https://www.rotary.org/en/our-causes
International Social Media Links: https://www.rotary.org/en/news-features/social-media
rotary.org has never ending amounts of information. So have fun. We particularly love this page: https://www.rotary.org/en/about-rotary/rotary-foundation
What is Meant by EREY CLUB Recognition … and How Does a Club Qualify?
“Every Rotarian Every Year” status is achieved by clubs when, during the Rotary year:
- EVERY member of that club personally contributes at least $25 to the Rotary Foundation’s Annual Fund
- The club’s total TRF Annual Fund contribution averages at least $100 per capita
NOTE: When your club’s Foundation goals are entered in Rotary Club Central, your achievement will be automatically recognized!
For more information about this and many other Rotary topics, please follow the instruction below.
- Login into myrotary.org
- Scroll to bottom of page and look for Rotary Club Central. Click link.
- Now on Rotary Club Central Click Goal Center on Left hand menu.
You should see this screen and be able to track all goals your club has:
District Grant information:
Qualification Requirements for a district grant during 2020-2021 Rotary year.
- Approved grants can not begin until after July 1, 2021
- The current club president and president elect must attend the District Grant Training.
- They must sign the memorandum of understanding (MOU).
- The Club must be EREY by May 15, 2021.
- The club must complete and submit the Grant Closing report by July 1, 2021
District Grants Process
- Clubs must match the grant amount received
- Grant Applications are due May 15, 2021
- Clubs can work together on a grant
- The 2021-2022 application will be posted on DaCdb
- Approved Club grants cannot begin until after July 1 Rotary year
Link to District: https://my.rotary.org/en/take-action/apply-grants/district-grants
Link to Global: https://my.rotary.org/en/take-action/apply-grants/global-grants
Polio Eradication Initiative:
End Polio Now (District Notes):
- October is Polio month in our District. Contribute to help us exceed our Polio $25,000 DDF Challenge!
- World Polio Day is Saturday, October 24. Stay Tuned.
- Club Polio Goals are based on $35/member. Membership as of January 1, 2020.
- Polio Current Cases – Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI): http://polioeradication.org/polio-today/polio-now/
Million $ Campaign & Dinner (Notes):
- Goal is to raise at least $1 million for our Rotary Foundation by April 30, 2021. Although other Districts have successfully done these campaigns, this is the first time for our District.
- Qualify with a one-time gift of at least $10,000. Can be cash (including a 3-year pledge), Bequests (in your will), life income agreements or many other possibilities.
- Million $ Dinner will be May 5, 2021 at the Francis Marion Hotel in Charleston.
- This will be a Gala Event with RI President Holger Knaack and Past RI VP Anne Matthews attending.
- Invitation only event… everyone making a Major Gift & their Guest will attend FREE.
District 7770 links:
District Website: https://www.rotary7770.org/
List of speakers and videos: https://www.rotary7770.org/speakers-lists/ (Consider inviting one of these speakers for October, Polio Month or November, Foundation Month)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1VEWZ027g_PyCmfDaGVCXA/videos And here are the steps you take to submit your club updates to the district newsletter!
Link to Brand Center: https://brandcenter.rotary.org/en-GB
Links to Rotary YouTube Channels:
- Celebrating 100 Years of Our Rotary Foundation https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5LzHUC-vUtU8O0qES6mV2kAnXxHcmUx3
Here is a list of DG Pauline Levesque’s files for your year.
- District Policy Manual and Strategic Plan
- Rotaract Handbook
- PETS Agenda
- Rotary Club Reference Manual
- Policy Manual