From Rotary’s Voice and Visual Identity Guide
Why we’re strengthening our image
For more than 100 years, rotary has united leaders committed to applying their expertise to better their communities. despite over a century of impact in communities around the world, rotary does not get the recognition it deserves. We need to rethink how we tell our story so people everywhere understand what rotary stands for, how we’re different, and why it matters.
in 2011, rotary embarked on a multiyear initiative of unprecedented scale to strengthen our image. in addition to expanding public understanding of what rotary does, we want to motivate, engage, and inspire current and prospective members, donors, partners, and staff.
What we’ve done
To tell our story better, we first need to define it. Based on extensive global research, we:
- defined our essence to identify how Rotary is different from other organizations
- brought our values to life to ensure our actions support our words
- established our voice to reflect our distinct character
- clarified how we present our offerings so people understand what we do and how they can engage
- Refreshed our visual identity to energize our look and feel while celebrating our heritage
What we need to do
Bringing our story to life is our next charge — and one that requires champions across levels, groups, and functions.We are rotary, and we have a great story to tell. It’s up to all of us to protect, promote, and deliver on that story in all our interactions.