Please plan to join us on FEBRUARY 8, 2013 for a SILENT AUCTION at the terrific THREE LIONS PUB, the Charleston Battery’s private club, the night before our annual showcase of Charleston area high school soccer.
• FROM 7:00 PM TO 9:00 PM; DOORS OPEN AT 6:00 PM
• TICKETS ARE $10 AT THE DOOR; $8 IF PAID IN ADVANCE
Where the Money Goes 2013.pdf
FEBRUARY 9, 2013 is our annual ROTARY SOCCER CLASSIC at BLACKBAUD STADIUM
• FROM 10:00 AM TO 7:00 PM
• TICKETS ARE $4 AT THE GATE; $3 IF PAID IN ADVANCE
WE’LL HAVE LOTS OF FOOD, DRINKS AND FUN, SO BRING YOUR FAMILY AND APPETITE!
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE SOCCER CLASSIC COMMITTEE AT ROTARYSOCCER@ YAHOO.COM, CALL 843-822-0190 OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.RCMPSC.ORG
The Mount Pleasant Rotary Soccer Classic has been part of the Trident Region for 29 years and has raised over $550,000 for local charities.
The Rotary Club of Mount Pleasant has used proceeds from this annual event to provide:
- Lowcountry Food Bank with funds to fight childhood hunger through Backpack Buddies.
- Thousands of local students go home hungry each weekend. Backpack Buddies distributes backpacks full of nutritious, calorie rich food to over 2,300 students weekly at over 49 schools.
- Scholarships to local high school seniors and adults for continuing education. Each year, $9,000 is awarded to students attending four year colleges and $3,000 is awarded to students attending Trident Technical College. In the last 10 years, the Rotary Club of Mount Pleasant has awarded more than $120,000 in scholarships for local students.
- Free new shoes to local children through Happy Feet and dictionaries to all local 3rd grade students through our Dictionary Project.
- Financial assistance to other established local charities such as Meals on Wheels, East Cooper Community Outreach, Junior Achievement, Interfaith Crisis Ministry, Habitat for Humanity, and many others that are already serving our community.
- Vaccines to countries that are ravaged by polio. A vaccination costs less than 60¢ and protects a child from polio for life. To date, Rotary International’s Polio Plus program has vaccinated over 2 billion children worldwide.