Under her leadership, the Communications Committee accomplished the following for District 7770 and its clubs:
- Set up a weekly district e-newsletter, where it had been sporadic prior.
- Set up a centralized means of submitting stories to the District, resulting in almost a 50% increase in clubs submitting news.
- Assisted District 7770 clubs with website needs, in some cases establishing club sites and e-newsletters for the first time.
- Oversaw all technical updates to the District 7770 website.
- Updated the district website weekly, managing submitted content for 80 District 7770 Rotary Clubs.
- Trained others to use the District 7770 website.
- Managed District 7770 social media.
- Encouraged District leadership to adopt more aggressive social media techniques in light of changing Facebook algorithms.
- Forwarded all non-communications-related queries to relevant District personnel.
- Assisted with membership recruitment by connecting all general membership queries to the appropriate assistant governor for follow-up.
- Created monthly and yearly theme logos for the District 7770 website.
- Drafted a District 7770 communications policy.
- Dealt with District 7770 membership communications questions and complaints.
- Created the expectation of consistent District communications among District 7770 membership.
- Attended Zone communications meetings in person when requested and called in on those conducted electronically.
- Submitted press releases to news outlets to raise overall Rotary awareness.
- As Chair, Andra gave of her time and extensive expertise to offer social media training free-of-charge at all District assemblies, assistant governor trainings and district conferences, and she waived reimbursement for travel fees.
- Other than a small fee for website creation, Andra was not compensated for her time or expertise.
District committee service is another avenue by which Rotarians can give their time to Rotary. For many, service on district committees leads to further advancement in the Rotary world and opportunities to be considered for leadership positions at the District, Zone and International levels. Please ask your Assistant Governor about district involvement if you seek a broader Rotary role.
Alissa Lietzow of the Rotary Club of Charleston assumes the mantle of District 7770 Communications Chair on July 1, 2015. Please welcome her and continue to submit your stories to rotary7770news(at)gmail(dot)com.